Friday, September 25, 2009

Around the Corner

Next week at this time we will be starting the month of October.  A favoritie of mine for so many reasons.  It's fall, it's cooler, it's perfect cooking weather, and oh yea.... it's 31 days from Halloween.  I have to be honest that I have never been one of those that goes over the top for Halloween, yet this year I have the bug more than usual.   Already I have all sorts of ideas for goodies to make.  Already I have the bowl of candy for my grandchildren prepared and ready to mail off to Tennessee.  Pumpkins already can be seen abundantly throughout the house.  Who knows maybe I'm changing.  And honestly I am not sure if that would be too bad.  As a child,  my memories of trick or treat were meager.  I owned but one costume, that of a witch (how fitting).  I wore it every year until it was too small and I claimed I was no longer interested in  getting candy.. Yea right.... I am not sure if I will ever get tired of candy... even now... Oh yea already I have my bowls of treats out... My favorities... those fat chewy tootsie rolls.  Not the little midgets... the others that let you taste just how yummy a tootsie roll really is... Maybe Im making up for lost time... :-)    who knows...

6 comments:

dreaming in maine said...

I know how you feel. Some years I get more into it than others, due mainly to other events that might be overshadowing the month. I am trying to make an effort to celebrate and honor special times of the year more, because in the long run, challenges will come and go. I think it's important to keep traditions (and make new ones) so that we never forget the more important parts of life include time with family and friends and enjoying life!

Laurie said...

I have noticed lots of people just love October !
I never decorated much for Halloween, but I do love having lots of pumpkins about. I love to make popcorn balls and candy apples. As a family we dress up and go downtown for the annual trick or treating. Then home to watch something spooky by candlelight.

Curious Muggle said...

The black cat is adorable!

Judith said...

I wore the same thing year after year.. my mom never got me a ready made costume, so I made things up out of my fathers clothing and anything I could get my hands on. I didn't walk the dark fall nights for the candy, rather to feel the night, play in the leaves, and run with the october wind. Mom never could figure out why I didn't bring home tons of candy! LOL

Wendy said...

Ooh, that kitty looks like mine... Only smaller and without the extra toes!

I can't wait for October. I'm saving the 1st for decorating. It's difficult to hold back. LOL

Hope you have a fun time preparing for and celebrating Halloween this year. :)

Rue said...

Glad you are embracing the season with gusto! Time for a new costume!