Sunday, October 4, 2009

Harvest Moon


At 1:10 am central standard time, the moon was officially full.  The beautiful Harvest moon was at all its glory.  Our skys were overcast last night as a front blew in bringing some much needed rain.  Yet still I missed seeing her.  The evening before I sat my items out along the ledge of the back porch to let them bask in the rays of the moon.  Allowing them to fill with her.  She was beautiful then even before she was completely full.
I love the full moon through fall and winter.  The cooler tempertures allow the sky to be so much clearer.  She shines with more brillance making her entrance into the nights sky a grand one.  Hopefully your skys were not clouded and you were able to observe her in all her beauty. 

9 comments:

Judith said...

It was so bright here that it woke me up!!!!! and I spent some time just admireing it. :)

Anonymous said...

I always try to get a picture of the full moon...it's never any good, but I try...LOL!

The past two days it seems as if she is floating along on the clouds...just lovely!

Laurie said...

It was a beautiful moon!
I love the moon during the fall and winter months as well.
Hoping you have a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

Too cloudy here :-( That picture is beautiful.

Wendy said...

I miss living by the ocean, where the full moon always seemed closer and brighter.

Enjoy the Harvest Moon!

Rue said...

Cloud-free skies here - she was stunning!

Dawn Marie Howard said...

She is out in all her glory now!

Bridgett said...

She was a beauty!

)O(
boo

Jennifer MacNeill said...

The moon was stunning! Just blogged about it, with pictures:)