Tuesday, December 29, 2009

This Is A Good Sign

Goodness,  just a little after 8 am and I am writing my daily post, this truly is a good sign.   Could it be that I am slowly getting back into the groove of my routine?  It seems the last few weeks have been a blurr, racing past at full speed, leaving little time if any to do the things which I normally do on a daily basis, let alone anything new.  I have survived, which in itself is a good thing.  And yes... I even have had a good time if I say so myself.  I have learned that despite some things that may not necessarily be my favorite that if I let go a bit sometimes it is much easier.  Believe it or not I can be somewhat controlling with my environment... Hard to believe isn't it...

I have so many anticipations for the coming year.  In just a couple days  the old year as most see it, will roll past us letting way to 2010.  Although I truly believe in truth my new year started after Samhain, as I felt the change and shift in things start to take place at this time.  Yule likewise brought its continuing feeling of subtle change evolving.  All of which seems to be good.  A fresh feeling is what I see on the horizon and it excites me.

So many new friends have come my way this past 6 months.  When I started this blog in July, I was yearning for people of like minds in my life.  Those who I could be open with and speak my mind freely -  with no worry as to their response.  I have even enjoyed the difference in opinions as it has as it always does, help me to remember there are always 2 sides (usually more).  This acceptance has given me confidence in so many things.  It is such a blessing when one has such friends to surround themselves with. 

This new years transition is quite special in so many ways..... Not only does it bring us a new year, a chance to once again "start over".... It also is the night of the  blue moon, when there are 2 full moon occurrences in one month.  Although this happens on average of every 2 and a half years, it is still a rare occurrence and something to enjoy.  There is also a partial lunar eclipse at this time yet it is not visible to any of us in North America.  I was truly hoping for a clear crisp sky on this evening and still am keeping my fingers crossed yet it appears that the weather man has other plans in store for me.  Hopefully they are as incorrect as they usually are and I will be able to enjoy this site in all its glory.

I can not help but be a bit giddy as time slowly continues on its journey.  I have such a feeling of excitement in me.  I hope that the feelings I feel are an overall vision for all.  It is so time for some good things to happen to so many.  The last year has been a rough patch for many and still in some cases it continues.  I truly hope it was our winter and we are about to enter into a time of spring and new birth.

A few words I leave you with this fine Tuesday morning.... Although I usually do not encourage new year resolutions as I feel that many times we make a list of things that we are destined to fail at, I would like to ask that in the many minutes that make up your day today, that you take a few of them and sit quietly off by yourself.  I know that this is close to impossible sometimes, yet try diligently to acquire the time to do so.  Make it place that is peaceful and your own.  In silence ponder the coming year and a few of the things you would truly like to accomplish, or at least begin to accomplish as many times we are accomplishing feats throughout our lives.  Just choose one or two and make them somewhat simple.  Promise yourself that an honest effort will be given towards this endeavor as you venture forward into 2010.  And to make that wish even stronger..... write your choices on a small piece of paper and put it someplace special.

I truly wish for all of you a wonderful day: one filled with vision and inspiration for the feats and challenges you will encounter this coming year.  We are all filled with the wisdom and the capability to succeed through anything that is placed before us... Remember...... Believing is halfway there..... xo


11 comments:

Tamara said...

What a beautiful and inspiring post this morning. :) Now i'm feeling a little giddy about anticipating the year to come...it's always fun to look back and ponder on what occured.

The picture you took is so pretty with the berries covered in ice. I might go out an do some photography today too.

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to the new year and yes new beginnings. I try not to make too many resolutions in hopes that I can make them come true.

Willow

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

You are such a dear sweet soul. I love your inward looks and outward coaxings. You're a goodie. I agree that it is good to "take stock" and make some revisions in our actions, thoughts, M O's. Good stuff all. Have a wonderful day. It is to snow, only a bit here today and I have the grands all to myself. The queen of happiness, said with tongue in cheek, has taken her frowny ass self back to work. Thank you Thank You Thank you and it is just us kids enjoying the calm. We will surely have a mellow day together. I wish you a mellow one as well.

mxtodis123 said...

What a great post this morning. After a rough start, I am hoping my day improves. I am so glad to hear that you had a great holiday. I had quiet time with hubby and the boys, and I loved it. Stayed in my flannels all day on Christmas. LOL!!!
Mary

Rue said...

I too, feel like good things are afoot for 2010! Lovely words, dearest!

The Computer Connoisseur said...

Your posts are always a joy to read, filled with kindness and warmth. Here's hoping everything happens as you hope, I too feel that 2010 will be a much better year than this one has. Thank you for always showing us the bright side.

Jblover109Woozworld said...

Something is laying dormant in you like a seed wanting to burst forth in a coming season! How wonderful! I call this the pregnant pause! Pregnant pauses for me are full of anticipation and hope. So glad you are experiencing such a wonderful event in your life. It's not every day that we get this awakening/awareness! Have a great night now!

Lucy said...

A wonderful way to start the day writing is... And you always know your Blog friends will listen!

Judith said...

Love the "icy" picture! Happy New Year!!!

Anonymous said...

I am also looking forward to the new year. We're moving back home to where we grew up and I am so looking forward to sharing those memories with my son. I am also looking forward to the wonderfully magical energies of this Blue Moon on New Year's Eve!
Merry Meet!

Bridgett said...

What a beautiful post!

Unfortunately, it was so cloudy and overcast here, I wasn't able to see even a glimpse of the Blue Moon. I was so disappointed.

Happy 2010!