Sunday, February 14, 2010

Drumroll Please....................

Yesterday I wrote about the over commercialization of Valentine’s Day. Something I feel very strong about. It is not just the holiday of Valentine’s that attempts to trap us into the guilty obligated feeling of needing to celebrate in a specific manner. Christmas, Easter, and so on can also be tossed into this cauldron of “capitalism”. But this is not what I wish to talk about, at least not right now. I did want to wish everyone a very special day. Although my feelings are strong in this area, I am by no means against the act of exhibiting affection and love for those close or dear to you. I am probably one of the biggest romantics there is. And if any of you were worried that Vincent would not receive a proper Valentine’s Day, I can assure you he will. This morning I prepared him an early morning breakfast of all his favorites and have plans for our evening as well.

Today is also the day that I announce the winner of my February giveaway. A combination of Imbolc and Valentines together… I have to say that wish that I could give something away to everyone who enters… and someday I may do just that unexpectedly. But for today I only choose one winner. First let me say that when I choose this person’s name this morning I found it quite fitting that she won. I do not know this person well, yet have enjoyed her blog on several occasions and love her wit. She is not afraid to speak what she feels and thinks and that has always been a quality I adore in people. So without further suspense… the winner is Judith at Merlin's Magical Mistress . She has been buried in snow this last week, living on the eastern seaboard, and just recently got shoveled out to the point where she could leave her home… I hope that this prize will help to brighten her day.

Lastly, I leave you all with warm wishes for a very blessed day, filled with love and warmth from those you love. It is a day where love is celebrated in all forms. Share a little… Happy Valentine’s Day

6 comments:

Judith said...

I'M SO EXCITED! Thank you... you made my day... actually my month!!!!

mxtodis123 said...

Congratulations to Judith. Wonderful giveaway.
Mary

Bridgett said...

All your giveaways are amazing, J.

Congratulations to Judith!

Dawn Marie Howard said...

Happy Valentines Day Honey!

Rue said...

Congrats to Judith! Hope you and Vincent had a lovely day together!

Dede said...

Congratulations Judith! Hope the you and Vincent had a wonderful Valentine's day!

(((HUGS)))