Tuesday, May 4, 2010

So Much To Do...... So Little Time

It seems that no matter how hard I try these days I cannot get all the things I wish to do in a day completed. I know it is probably because I have way too many things on my to-do list. And of course I am easily distracted by other things which are not on my list. It is a bad habit of mine, I will admit it. Yet it is hard not to venture outdoors and enjoy the warmer weather as well as all the color that is present these days. I have to do it at least once or twice a day and sometimes more. Luckily I do have Winston to use as an excuse. I am not proud of it, but what can I say.

I love the mornings especially as the sun is just rising and making its way up from the horizon. The sounds of daybreak are some of my favorite. I am an early riser which yes makes me a morning person. What can I say… I know there are those of you who appall people like us… You know those who rise at the crack of dawn and sometimes before. Winston like me is also a morning being. He does his morning business while I start the coffee. Then we sit on the porch and enjoy the whippoorwills calling one another for a bit. The air has been dry as of late and that makes for some cool mornings. The hot coffee helps  with the early morning chill.

With all the extra planting I have done this season, I have plenty to tend to each day. I am a bit worried as the days become warmer. I know that I will be watering like crazy. Yet I guess there is always a price for beauty. Over the weekend we ventured to the moms to visit and I once again gathered more flowers to plant. I dug up some grape hyacinths in my mother’s yard as she has literally hundreds of them everywhere. In the spring it looks like she has purple carpet. I also went to the local cemetery. It lies at the end of a narrow road outside of town. On each side of the road are thousand of corn flowers. They range in a various colors from that beautiful corn blue to light and dark purple, pink and white. I managed to gather a large bunch to replant here at home as well as reseed. Once again adding to the never ending to do list I have.

Besides the additions, I still have a couple hibiscuses, a columbine, and some elephant ears and I think my planting will be completed for the season. Of course there is the quart jar of mixed seeds I need to scatter around the pond and the 2 gallon bags of marigold seeds that I still have not put out. But we will not talk about that at the moment. 

So with all that said I probably had best get busy with my day, as there is a lot to do. Blessings to all of you and may your day be filled with sunshine and color.

6 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

I know exactly how you feel. It's like there is never enough time for everything. That's why I cook every two weeks. At least I have every other weekend and every night after work free.
Mary

Dede said...

I too love the mornings, the smells, the sounds and the colors! Your yard is going to be gorgeous this year! Winston is looking like, mama whatcha doin'? I love it when they wrinkle up their little foreheads. He is so adorable! Can't wait to see pictures this summer. The watering will be another excuse to get outdoors, I use that one lots. heheh

Enjoy your day in your yard making it gorgeous!

(((HUGS)))

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

You are such an ambitious gardener. Good for you. And it does sound as though you might over commit to the beauty of nature but what's the harm in that. You get all the benefit too.

As for mornings...they start long before I am aware of them but the night just before day......well I always enjoy the night sounds and movements. But I am always glad to know that lovelies like you welcome the sun and start the day so the rest of us night crawlers can close the day for you. That's the way of it, yes?
Blessings & ((((hugs)))) until next time my flowery friend

Not Hannah said...

Your days sound like mine. I am limiting myself to an hour on the computer each morning because I feel like it is sucking my time horribly.

On the gardening side, do you mulch? I've never really done it before and this year I'm using straw and am AMAZED at the health of my plants thus far.

Stay busy and happy!

Laura said...

It sounds like a wonderful way to spend the days. Winston is adorable and must be great company.
blessings
~*~

Intuitive Goddess said...

I love spending time in the garden too!
After all, Every Witch should tend her own garden - Big or small...
As for not enough time, I hear ya
so we may as well not sweat it & enjoy don't you think?
Your pics are lovely!