Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Spiritual Partnership - The Journey to Authentic Power

I have always been a person who believes that opportunities come to us every day. Each one of these opportunities is a possibility; A possibility to experience and grow. Often such chances just flow past unnoticed or ignored. There are too many other things that seem to be competing for the importance of our valuable time. Yet when we do stop and notice and act upon such possibilities most usually we are glad we did.



Earlier in March of this year I was asked by TLC Book Tours if I would be interested in reviewing a new book that was to be released later in April. Something about the title struck me and caught my attention. “Spiritual Partnership – The Journey to Authentic Power".  How could such a title not spark some curiosity. The phrase authentic power alone had me wondering. I agreed and soon I received a copy of the book. At that moment I had no idea of the opportunity I had just walked into or of the possibilities I would have because of it.



The author Gary Zukav is well known already with four consecutive bestsellers. With such previous titles as “Seat of The Soul” and “Dancing Wu Li Masters: An Overview of the New Physics” he has already made his mark in the literary world as well as too many who follow his writings. I would have to be honest and say that I had not heard of him or any of his previous works. I would have to go further and say that I will be looking into his previous works as this addition has definitely created a hunger to learn more.



In a world where we are taught to deal with incident between ourselves and others based on our feelings, situations can occur that may not necessarily be the best for amicable relationships. We tend to let our emotions react instead of responding in the manner best suited. It is human nature. This book gives the blueprint to developing within ourselves the tools to be able to change by looking at ourselves and what makes us tick. What memories do we have which motivate us to react as we may - good or bad? Slowly realizing our triggers and how to deal with them in a productive manner.



As this world continues to evolve at a rate that is increasing daily, we find ourselves dizzy not only with the attempt to keep up yet also with the questions as to what will become of it all. We tend to worry too much about what everyone else “needs to do” rather than looking within ourselves and asking the same question. This book seems to help one down this path. A path of self evaluation that is more than many have even considered; yet one that is there for any and all to take.



A passage from the beginning of the prologue seems to sum it up best. “This is a book about change, the biggest change possible or imaginable… This is a book about possibilities. Experiences, insights, motivations and creations beyond our ability to imagine only a few years ago now call to us, beckoning us to new destinations and yet more new possibilities… This is a book about power.” For more information in regards to “Spiritual Partnership – The Journey of Authentic Power” see below:
 

9 comments:

Dede said...

Sounds like a wonderful read. What an honor for you to review his book! Wishing you well after seeing the news this morning! Be safe!

(((HUGS)))

mxtodis123 said...

I loved "Seat of the Soul". Read it over and over again. But then, I never read another Gary Zukov book. I don't know why. I bought them, and they are still on my bookshelf. This new one looks real good, though. Might give this one a try.
Mary

Bogaman said...

This a little off the subject of your post. Hope the bad weather missed you guys. I was thinking about you all when I heard about the tornados in the Oklahoma City area. X.

trish said...

Wow. A book about change, possibilities and power...love those words. I think this is so important particularly in the world we live in today. Thanks for being on this tour! Your review gave me shivers! :)

JoyceAnn said...

Great review ! I have " Seat of the Soul " , but I haven't read it ,so maybe I'll read it now.
Hope all is well with you.

~ Be Blessed ~

Rue said...

I'm ordering this from the library now - thanks! Great review!

greekwitch said...

I just read your previous post. This is so weird. Yesterday i bought a hawthorn nutrition supplement. Don't you just love those cosmic things that tie us all together
Did you know it is one of the superfoods? it is good for the metabolism, women's reproductice system, gives power and it is filled with antioxidants.
Great Alexander used to feed his horse with it for strenth and stamina.
i have seen a buinch of pictures but still can't recognise it outdoors.

AkasaWolfSong said...

I was first drawn in by Gary Zukov when he appeared on Oprah some years back...his outstanding book Seat of the Soul is a must read in my humble opinion...I hope you get to read it Mother Moon! I am definitely going to put this book on my list of to do's!

Thanks for the Review...and many blessings!
xxx

Bonita said...

Literally just stumbled upon your website! I loved
Seat of the Soul and
appreciate your review of Spiritual Partnership.
We use Gary Zukav books
at our metaphysical school in Tahlequah.

Even though these
tornado posts were
in 2010, they could have
been a week ago!

Blessings and stay safe!