Friday, October 8, 2010

Getting Ready For #11 - And Loving Every Minute of It


I have always been a lover of music. From as far back as I can remember it was something that thrilled my soul. Early on it was classic country; Buck Owens, Conway Twitty and so on. My mother also introduced me to Dean Martin who I still swoon over to this day. He has a voice that is ageless and classic. Just the other day I was listening to my ipod when “An Evening in Roma” played. The song is as good today as it was in the 50’s. And yes I still get weak in the knees when I hear him.

Yet these days my taste in music has changed a bit. I listen to alternative and indie rock mostly yet my ipod contains a variety of music from classical to grunge to classic rock. All of it can make me smile; although my smile is never as large as when I’m listening to Muse. For the last 5 years they have been the band that moves me most. Being a tremendous Beatle fan myself I never really expected another band to come along and have such an impact on me. Yet when I first heard Matthew Bellamy’s voice and his skills at the guitar the rest was history.

Tonight I get the pleasure to see them in concert yet again. This will be my 11th time to see them and I can assure you not anywhere close to the last. In the last year I have seen them 3 times and each time was different and unique. They are a band that is consistently evolving into something more. I know that for many of my readers their music may not be what many have a taste for. Yet I am sure that all of you can relate with this fact.


I am sure that each of you has that one certain sound that when you hear it moves you in ways that nothing else can. It inspires you, lifts you and always seems to put a smile on your face. To some of us where music is a deep passion, this intense feeling may be even more. And to those of you who are this way you know exactly what I am speaking of. Well Muse is that to me. I am not sure why they have evolved me so. I only know that they have.
 

So tonight Vincent and I will be with friends enjoying a little slice of life. Yea I know I am a 40 some year old woman but you can be rest assured that I will be dancing up a storm and singing my heart out tonight. Maybe not as hard or loud as some but certainly I know as much as many….


6 comments:

brandi said...

~my gransfather spread his l♥ve for dean martin & frank sinatra upon us all in the family...for our wedding i had the special honor of dancing with my grandfather to "you are sunshine of my life" and my husband and i's last dance was "fly me to the moon"
l♥♥♥ve the sweet sound of their voices...as for your concert...go mama go...dance to your hearts content and sing loud for all to hear...wishing you a wonderful night to come...much l♥ve and light to you~

Heather S-G said...

Sounds like you're in for a fabulous evening! Have fun =)

AkasaWolfSong said...

Ahhh you are a girl after my own heart Janie! :) I too love all kinds of music...it is the one language of the world that touches us all.

Have a delightfully fantastic evening and dance and sing for me too!

I'll be thinking of you!
Blessings Dear One!
xoxoxo

RA said...

Ooooh! :)

Teresa said...

I hope you have so much fun showing up those youngsters! Keep dancing!

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Have an absolutely wonderful time. Music is so important to have in one's life. It spreads joy and radiates light. I don't know where I'd be without it. Enjoy! Theresa