Saturday, February 19, 2011

My Love of the Wee Folk

Have you ever been in the garden on a spring day?  The warmth of the sun shining can be felt all around.  The birds sweetly sing their song and flutter about in merriment.  You feel the coolness of the earth in your hands as you work the ground cleaning the clutter from the past winter months allowing the young tender green sprouts more room to reach towards the sun as well as spread themselves to cover the ground.  You find yourself humming softly; then it happens.

From the corner of your eye you see the familiar flicker.  The sensation of their pressence can be felt as your skin tingles with excitement.  They have joined you in your afternoon activities.  You continue on as you had been yet now with the knowledge that you are not alone.  The wee folk have come to enjoy the day as well.  For the small bobbles and goodies you leave on occasion they in turn help to tend the garden as well as other things.

There are many things in life that one can not necessarily "see".  Yet I wonder, does this make their existance unreal.  I can speak from experience and say that there have been many times in my life where I have had encounters that can not fully be explained; at least not in the complete manner that some may wish to have in order to believe the story that I may try to tell them.

My daughter and I have long had the discussions on the existance of the wee folk.  She has the logical mind of an adult and does not take kindly to remembering or adhering to her child like ways or thoughts.  My grand daughter on the other hand has an immense love for the fae folk.  She believes in them with all her heart and all her soul.  Yes, I may have something to do with it, yet I believe also that she is a soul who will always keep her mind open to things, even as she grows older.  We are both gently working on her mother to remind her of what it was like when she was a child and anything was possible. 

I am sure many of you have noticed my button at the top in regards to February Fairies over at the Whimsical Cottage.  Danni has done a wonderful job of bringing a month full of information, stories, crafts, and experiences all in tune with the wee folk.  I will have a post featured today.  If you have not had a chance to go and check it out I would suggest you venture over there and see.  If you have any interest at all in fairies, I am sure you would find it wonderful. 









11 comments:

brandi said...

~beautiful bright new look!!! ah may your daughter embrace her childhood ways...where her mind is free and open to all...both possible and impossible...believing in what she once did...it is within her deep down and i hope one day she brings it back...as for you...may you always create magical memories with your little grandbabies...much love light and blessings~

Teresa said...

It is so wonderful to always be filled with the childlike awe of anything being possible! Hope you and your granddaughter can remind your daughter of this.

Unknown said...

I still keep that child close to me to remind myself that there are wonders all around us. The springy look you have put on your blog has also brightened my day!

Wendy said...

My whole family are those that can only see the black and white in life and misses the realm of magick that you and I both love. I feel sorry for them as the fae love to visit and reach out to us who welcome them. Your grand daughter and you are blessed to have each other and share the realms where others fear to tread.

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

I am always amazed with the "logical" ones lack of "sight". And a bit sorry for them as well. There is alot lost as we get older. Babies have all the information in the universe, close to the source, just no speech. As we get older we yammer but loose our "before" knowlege. Unless......we make a choice to believe and hold tight to what we know is possible. That's why I love you dear one....you're one of the believers who has passed that on to not only your blessed granddaughter but others who come here and read your wisdom and love. Blessed be, The Olde Bagg
psssssst.....the red velvet will be in the garden under a cloche by Sunday eve. XOXO

Ponderosa Pagan said...

this is wonderful. I agree Danni has done an amazing job. I know this because as I was walking the other day i was looking at the ground and saw faerie circles and couldnt help but smile!
Blessed be!

mxtodis123 said...

What a wonderful new spring look here. I grew up with the fae...love them, always have. Even here in Brooklyn I sometimes catch that familiar glow out of the corner of my eye.
Mary

Theresa MacNaughton said...

What a wonderful post...I recognize the talent behind those beautiful faerie crowns...So magical. I do hope your granddaughter always cherishes the beauty and magic of faeries. I lost my way for awhile, but then I remembered. :) I hope your daughter does, too. Like they say...Believe! :) Thank you for the fabulous link - I shall indeed check it out! Theresa

Strell said...

I am new to your blog, but I had to reply to this post. Your way of writing and expressing is lovely. I also admired that lovely floral piece and your giveaway. My dear friend told me about your blog. Thankful for that. You sound lovely.
Thanks for what you do.

Anonymous said...

I love Lord of the Rings for so many reasons and this is one. The story is so bittersweet and a beautiful lesson beyond what most can see. It has opened my eyes in ways I did not perceive in the past. Thank you for this tender tribute and expression of truths that exist below the physical surface.

I Wonder Wye said...

I love Tolkein and Annie Lennox, and loved your post reflection - thank you for sharing. And re your comment about the late-night phone call you received from that young girl? That is totally awesome -- the universe was working for her that night...off to read your next post which I hope mentions fairies in the garden, since I love them...