Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring Update


Sweet Williams and Sage
After a bit of a cool spell over the weekend, I am fast preparing for the coming week and the upper 70 and 80 degree temperatures that are promised up via the local weathermen. Although they can be a bit off at times (this weekend for one) I am hoping that this forecast is spot on. 
 
Spring is definitely in the air everywhere you look. The forsythia is blooming in all its glory although my bushes are still nothing like the beauties they will someday become. I finally spied my first daffodil bud as well as the many tulips that are starting to come up. Soon the yard will be in full bloom and color will absolutely be everywhere.
 
We purchased our rototiller over the weekend and already I have plowed up the bottom for the flower seeds I intend to spread. I do not expect much color this year but in the years to follow it will be gorgeous.. A variety of bachelor buttons as well as shasta daisies and marigolds are my intentions. 
 
My next feat is to till up the ground for my intended garden. I have purchased a few seeds and will purchase my tomato and pepper plants on my return from my visit to the grandkids. I can hardly wait to get my hands into the dirt and play.

My first Swap is also fast approaching. I had a wonderful turnout of participants and can hardly wait to divide everyone up and commence with the goodie giving. I think I may have to make a quarterly event of this as it is quite fun. 
 
If you still want to get involved it will be open until tomorrow. Just click on the link in the upper right corner of my blog and leave a comment or shoot me an email with your mailing info. We would love to have you join in on the fun.

5 comments:

Lilac SilverFox said...

You're so lucky! We're still half frozen and couldn't till the earth to save our lives yet LOL I am hoping we will actually get to the vegetable garden this year. The re-vamping and re-making of the flower beds have to wait as the basement is being dug out and redone - hopefully - this Summer.

I LOVE swaps! I'll have to wait as moneys a bit too tight to send out right now, but you should definitely make it a quarterly event!

mxtodis123 said...

You are indeed lucky. Not a sign of the forsythia here yet, not even a bud. To me, this is the plant that tells me that Spring has finally arrived. Always has. My grandmother had the most beautiful bush in her yard, and I always loved it when it was in full bloom.
Mary

Teresa said...

Our ground is still mostly frozen--just a thin layer of mud on top. It will be a while before I can do anything outside in the garden. I am so jealous that you are already outside!

JoyceAnn said...

Your pinks are beautiful , mine haven't bloomed yet. The daffodils are in full bloom around here though. I've been busy too , starting seeds and planting the cold weather crops in the garden. The wild herbs are emerging , so that's keeping me busy too.

I'm looking forward to the spring swap and am almost ready to mail my goodies.

~ Many Blessings ~

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Lovely blooms! This is such a special time of year to witness all of the earth's rebirth. I'm excited about the swap and am eager to contact and learn more about my partner. It will be so much fun! Theresa