Thursday, October 25, 2012

Autumn’s Here and All is Well

Finally it looks like the feeling of Fall is coming back to us.  A brisk cold front is to hit about mid afternoon with the temperatures falling quickly.  It just doesn’t seem right… almost Halloween and temperatures in the upper 80’s.  Then the following weekend we will fall back with our clocks all making the time of year seem balanced. 
imagesCAOBWDBC
I am so looking forward to the new year.  I know I mentioned it before but a slight bit of normalcy seems to be creeping back into our lives and it is such a welcomed thing.  I have been busy with rune making.  Two sets to ship off next week and another two already for November.  The crafting of my runes has brought me much solace.  Much like needlepoint used to, yet my eyes are not as young as they once were.  I guess I am gradually falling into my later years.  Signs are everywhere of the fact that I am older.  I swore I would never say the words…. “Well when I was younger”…. but they seem to come out of my mouth more and more. 

toast
The cooler weather has also brought the ability to cook back to me.  Although it seems that my children will not be with me this Thanksgiving I have the fever in me to start planning.  The pecans appear to be ample this year which is a good thing as last year they were scarce with the heat and such.  I have a few new recipes that I want to try out so soon I will be warming my house with the oven as well as filling it with smells of the season
. 
blue teaThe vanilla sugar as well as the homemade vanilla has already been set back as well as the scented warming pads to give to friends and family.  Yes I have been keeping myself busy which as always is a good thing.  This time of year is always a welcomed time.  I smile in content of the time to nestle down with a  good cup of tea, a wooly blanket, and a good book.  Here’s hoping you as well are finding a little bit of joy in the wonder of Autumn and the coming of the new year.

4 comments:

AkasaWolfSong said...

Good Morning Janie...looks like you are having the very same weather pattern as we are. The wind already is cooling out there and really blowing the leaves around. Time to batten down the hatches, lol.

You do sound like a busy gal these days! Your pecans look so good! And that tea cup is heavenly! :)
I am sure your Thanksgiving with Vincent will be joyous. I've been thinking of that day too, and need to start asking my children what is happening that day as far as family gathering together.

I remember your Vanilla sugar quite well. :) It was delish! He He He

So good to hear from you Janie...please know that I think of you quite often and you remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Much love and Radiant Blessings,
Happy Samhain!!!
Akasa xoxoxo

Wendy S. said...

We're having mid 80's weather too and it's leaving me grumpy. I know that the grass is always greener somewhere but I'm longing for the colder weather too. So glad you're finding peace making your runes and that you're having fun with cooking plans.

Celia said...

Ahhhh.....Autumn.....yes....we keep getting a day here and there that feels like fall....and then days that are 80....I am ready for the cold weather.....apple cider and hot chocolate. And oh yes.....the longer nights......yes I am ready for Autumn. Your blog looks great.....very fallish!!

Mother Moon said...

ask and you shall receive.... woke up to 32 degree weather this morning...